Recipes and how to make Indonesian Klepon easy
We will talk about the recipes of Klepon easy and talk about how to make Klepon easy, fast and really good. Many of Indonesian also sometimes called onde-onde but in English people call it glutinous rice balls. According to my family, onde onde is not coated in coconut and is usually served in sugar syrup, similar to what the Chinese call Tang Yuan which is served at special occasions like New Year and weddings. This also good for dessert or while you watching tv.
Ingredients for Klepon:
- 200 gr glutinous rice flour
- 150 ml water
- about a cup of shredded coconut
- a teaspoon of salt
- banana leaf
- pandan leaf
- about 75 gr of palm sugar
Directions or Method how to make Klepon:
- cut palm sugar into smaller pieces
- steam shredded coconut along with banana leaf (smell much better)
- cook water with pandan leaf and a drop or two of green colouring
- add water into the flour
- knead into a roll
- take a small pieces of the roll, add palm sugar and roll into a ball
- put the balls into boiling water
- it will float as soon as its ready.
- put the balls onto the coconut
It’s so easy, don’t you think ?
You can also watch the video how to make and cook klepon easily without hassle or headache for your new skills or your partners, surprise them.